Creative Media Centres Ltd (trading as “the Media Centre”) ("We") are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
For the purpose of the data protection legislation, the data controller is Creative Media Centres Ltd (company number 03043308) of The Media Centre, 7 Northumberland St, Huddersfield, HD1 1RL. Our nominated representative is Emma Ebbatson.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT FROM YOU
We will collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us. This is information about you that you give us by filling in forms on our site www.themediacentre.org (our site) or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. It includes information you provide when you register to use our site, subscribe to our mailing list for marketing updates, when you enquire to book a tour of our offices, when you enquire about any of our services or events. The information you give us may include your name, your company’s name, address, e-mail address, phone number and your interests in our services.
- Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our site we will automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the internet, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions and operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the webpages visited clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time), page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, methods used to browse away from the page, and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
We use information which you give us in the following ways:
- Enquiries about booking a tour or about any of our services
If you supply us with your personal data regarding an enquiry about booking a tour of our facilities or if you enquire about any services which we can provide, we will only use your personal data for these specific purposes unless you specifically agree for us to use your personal data for other purposes. We will only store your personal data for this purpose until we consider that we have satisfied your enquiry/enquiries, unless you agree with us to store your data for other purposes.
- Subscription to our mailing list
If you supply us with your personal data to subscribe to our mailing list for regular updates, we will only use your personal data for such marketing purposes unless you specifically agree for us to use your personal data for other purposes. We will only store and use your personal data until you unsubscribe from our mailing list unless you agree with us to store your data for other purposes.
- Preparing or negotiating to enter into contractual agreements
If you supply us with your personal data with a view to preparing or negotiating to enter into a contractual agreement with us, we will only use your personal data for this purpose unless you specifically agree for us to use your personal data for other purposes. We will only store your personal data for this purpose until we consider that we have ceased to prepare, or to negotiate, to enter into contractual agreements with you unless you agree with us to store your data for other purposes. We will continue to hold your personal data in connection with such contracts and will continue to hold your personal data after our contractual agreements have terminated and until such time as we do not need to refer to the terms within the contractual agreements, unless you agree with us to store your data for other purposes.
We will use information which we collect about you to:
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so; and
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
Except as follows, we will not disclose your personal information to any third parties without your prior consent unless we are required to do so to comply with our legal obligations with regulatory authorities, national security purposes or court orders:
- If Creative Media Centres Ltd or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its clients, customers or site users will be one of the transferred assets.
- We also use data management software provided by “Google”, “Trello” and “Hubspot” and personal data provided by you may be transferred to their systems as part of our operations.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You have the right to request access to, deletion of or correction of, your personal data. You also have the right to request that your personal data be transferred to another person. If you wish to exercise these rights at any time, you can do so by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org If you do not believe that we are acting lawfully in relation to handling your personal data, you have the right to complain to the UK’s Information Commissioner’s Office.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Legislation surrounding data protection gives you the right to access information held about you. If you wish to request access to the information which we hold about you, you should contact us. Our preferred method of contact is email correspondence with the relevant email address to contact for such requests being email@example.com. Please note that if we consider your access request/s to be manifestly unfounded, excessive or repetitive, we reserve the right to charge you administration fees.